When people talk about ‘getting back to nature’, they often go out into the bush, up into the mountains or at least many miles from home in order to do so. For many, nature is somewhere that is removed from civilisation, away from the crowds and a place that is unspoiled by human touch.
While it may be true that it is easier to ‘feel’ nature in these places, the fact remains that getting back to nature is as easy as walking barefoot on your back lawn and blocking out the sounds of suburbia around you. Nature is all around us, even in the city. If you cannot escape from the city, look to the sky or sit under a tree! Sit in the park at lunch time or put a plant on your desk. It is possible to connect with Mother Earth and the natural surrounds in some way even when time or work restraints do not allow it at the present time.
The reason that humans have the in-built need to connect to nature is that humans are one with nature. In the energy of the Creator, everything is one and connected. The need to connect and ground to Mother Earth comes from the fact that she connected to every human’s soul. When you connect and ground to her you will immediately feel more centred and more level-headed.
The natural world (before human intervention) is in balance. Everything works symbiotically to create a harmonious state that just works. When we connect with nature we can tap into the frequency of complete balance and oneness which is surety of self and purpose.
It is not necessary to sit under a tree or be outside to tap into nature in meditation. We can use our mind to do it.
- Make sure you are hydrated
- Make sure you are grounded: go through our grounding exercise with the breath
- Centre your energy in your heart space and connect to the light of Creation (God, the Creator). You can do this through prayer or clear intention. This is your protection while your consciousness is outside your body.
- Feel the energy surrounding and protecting you.
- In your mind’s eye, see a forest: you are walking down a track into a deep, green forest. You can hear the birds calling and the rustling of insects in the leaves on the forest floor. It is cool and shady and you feel calm and relaxed. You soon come to a clearing with a circular patch of grass in the centre- you reach it and sit down; if feels cool and soft. As you sit on the grass, some butterflies come to rest on your shoulders, and tiny birds peck at your feet. A rabbit comes to graze on the grass nearby and other animals appear. They will be different for each one of you, so take the time to notice what they are. There is a calmness around you as the natural world envelops you.
The trees are rustling quietly in the breeze and you feel the cool breeze on your face. Your body feels connected to the grass, which is connected to the Earth and to the unconditional love of the Source of Creation and the Universe. Feel the certainty of this love and your place in the world. Feel love for yourself as you continue on the journey of life. Breathe in the light and love of Creation.
If there is a universal language linking humans to nature it is love. Fill you heart with love and send it to the animals, plants, earth and air around you. Feel the energy around you become warmer as you breathe in and out, breathing in light and breathing in love.
When you open your eyes you have created a beautiful garden with the breath of love. See flowers of every type and colour, butterflies, birds, and bees. Take time to notice other features, such as any creeks, ponds, water fountains or waterfalls. This is now your special garden that you can return to at any time.
Ground back down and give thanks for your abundance and the gifts in your life. Centre yourself back in your heartspace and open your eyes.
I AM Saint Germain